Territory Development Representative (TDR)
Our client is a pioneer in data security and analytics, fighting a different battle than conventional cybersecurity companies. Their goal is to protect companies most sensitive information from insider threats and cyberattacks. They do this by allowing organizations to analyze, secure, manage, and migrate their volumes of unstructured data.
The Territory Development Representative (TDR) works with prospective customers to identify sales opportunities in the assigned territory. Working in support of the Sales Representative and Sales Engineer, the TDR handles a high volume of inbound and outbound calls to follow-up on leads and generate sales activity.
- Learn the sales process and understand the company’s core products in order to effectively sell to prospective customers.
- Work with your assigned Sales Representative and Sales Engineer, as well as Management to determine a strategic sales approach.
- Identify decision makers amongst the targeted leads in order to start the sales process.
- Present and sell products and services to current and potential customers through high volumes of phone calls.
- Follow up on leads and referrals resulting from field activity, the Marketing team, Channel Partners, and individual prospecting.
- Support your Sales Representative and Sales Engineer by staying on top of crucial sales activities including cold calling, booking meetings, and prospecting.
- Maintain accurate account information and activity detail in Customer Relationship Management system (CRM).
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year College/University AND 1+ years of business-to-business sales experience/training OR equivalent combination to education and experience.
- Technology industry experience preferred.
- Basic skill level of Microsoft Office.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding phone skills and ability to handle a high volume of calls per day.
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to influence, negotiate, and gain commitment at all organizational levels.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, self-directed, and entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong decision-making, problem resolution, and creative thinking skills.
- Personal drive and internal motivation towards high achievement.
- Sense of humor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Achievement Focus: Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; recognizes and acts on opportunities; sets and achieves challenging goals; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Sales Skills: Achieves sales goals; initiates new contacts; maintains customer satisfaction; maintains records and promptly submits information; overcomes objections with persuasion and persistence.
- Innovation: Displays original thinking and creativity; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas.
- Customer Service: Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; meets commitments; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions.
- Written Communications: Edits work for spelling and grammar; presents numerical data effectively; varies writing style to meet needs; writes clearly and informatively.
- Oral Communication: Demonstrates group presentation skills; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; speaks clearly and persuasively.
- Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Planning/Organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; develops realistic action plans.