Commercial Pre-Sales/Systems Engineer – Los Angeles
Who is our client?
They describe themselves an eclectic group of 4,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. They’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are their core values and the DNA of the company. They help drive their employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Their employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means they’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with the company goals. It’s through their values, conversations and mindsets that they can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are they in the market?
Our client is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use their software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience.
Our client is a cloud computing software company that sells hyper-converged infrastructure appliances and software-defined storage. They were founded in 2009 and have been a publicly held company since 2016. They were named 2018 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Hyper-Converged Systems leader.
Our client is the right fit for you if you are passionate about technology, creative, and accomplished in your growing career. They pride themselves on their encouraging culture where you learn from failures, pick yourself back up and become the best version of yourself. My client offers several opportunities to participate in professional development and learning, fostering an inspiring environment. They believe in not only supporting you, but also your families through fully-paid healthcare plans, equity, and other financial tools and wellness programs.
The Sales Engineer is responsible for identifying and matching technology opportunities with the customer’s business issues and objectives, as well as channel partner training and enablement. The SE is a high impact, very prominent role responsible for establishing our client as an innovative technical leader for enterprise and closing enterprise transactions within assigned accounts. This position will be in the Los Angeles area.
- Engage as part of a sales team to achieve or exceed revenue targets.
- Drive sales with technical expertise, account management skills, sales ability, and exceptional customer focus.
- Present Clients Solutions value proposition to customers and partners.
- Participate in the consultation to prospective users and/or product capability assessment and validation as it applies to the technical sales process.
- Install, support, and maintain client solutions at the pre-sales PoC deployments.
- Build long-term business relationships and become a trusted advisor within each account to find opportunities and sell our clients Solutions.
- Ability to use and maximize reseller/alliance partner relationships to increase sales performance.
- Create and deliver technical product presentations and/or training sessions to channel partners and customers remotely or at customer locations/facilities.
- Deep understanding of one or more of the following areas:
- Application Virtualization
- Server Virtualization
- Networking, Storage, and Platform Performance/Sizing
- Ability to motivate, train and conduct seminars within CSA partners to increase our clients revenues within assigned territory.
- Ability to manage relationships with technical resources at all levels of a customer organization.
- Deep understanding of technical sales techniques and processes including the ability to understand customer needs, overcome objections, assist in the development of business cases, and technically close deals.
- Flexible, dependable, self-starter, and capable of quickly learning new products and technologies.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, as well as excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to travel within assigned territory and other locations including Corporate HQ.
- High level of specialized sales and product solution knowledge.
- Direct professional experience with VMware.
- Experience selling servers, storage hardware, or networking.
- Knowledge of Linux/UNIX.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 3-6 years prior Sales Engineering or Reseller experience in a high tech sales environment with a proven track record of success in driving customer adoption of technology.
- Hands-on experience with HCI products (or similar products) is strongly preferred.